EVLT is a quick, minimally invasive laser procedure
that can be performed in your doctor's office. There
is no post operative scarring, as it is only a probe
and a slim sheath that enters the vein via a tiny skin
The probe is guided into place using ultrasound and
the procedure is performed strictly under local anesthetic
- similar to that used by dentist - to numb the treatment
area. The treatment takes less than an hour.
Here's what to expect:
1) Your doctor uses ultrasound to map out your
2) Local anesthetic is applied.
3) A thin laser fiber is inserted through a
tiny entry point (usually near the knee).
4) Laser energy is delivered to seal the faulty
5) Your normal day activity is then resumed.
In fact, walking immediately after the procedure is
encouraged (just avoid rigorous activities).
The key benefits of EVLT
Immediate relief from symptoms
Only a local anesthetic is needed
Can be performed in the doctor's office (no hospitalization
Treatment in less than an hour
Normal activities can be resumed immediately
- with little or no pain